NTC was recently awarded a 5-year Education Innovation and Research (EIR) grant to provide school-based, job-embedded support through instructional coaching with an emphasis on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL).
Partners in the EIR-SEL grant improve their local capacity to improve teacher practice through coaching with attention to both the academic and social-emotional needs of students and educators.
Participating schools and teachers receive:
- Dedicated, job-embedded professional learning to create or support school-level instructional coaching expertise
- Access to research informed instructional tools that improve student learning
- Instructional data and data coaching at the district, school and classroom level
- Consultation with school leaders to ensure that all work of the partnership is aligned with school and district priorities with focus on enhancing school-level strategic improvement
- A peer network to strengthen local school relationships and collaboration
NTC's coaching model integrates the academic and social-emotional needs of students.
- The approach centers on each child and considers the complete environment in which children learn and live.
- The work in schools is anchored in creating optimal learning environments that creates the conditions for learning.
- Each partnership is customized to privilege and support local priorities.