Are you interested in becoming a special education teacher? Apply for the SW Minnesota Special Education Teacher Pipeline grant program which will provide tuition and programmatic support to become a licensed special education teacher. The Special Education Teacher Pipeline grant is designed to increase Tier III and IV special education teachers in our region.To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently employed with a joint applicant (school district partner)
- A Tier I or Tier II teacher, paraprofessional or non-licensed staff
- Demonstrate a willingness to be a special education teacher after completing the program
- No Tier III or IV teaching license in Minnesota
What you will receive:
- Tuition Assistance paid directly to TPP partner and other programmatic support
- One-on-One advising support throughout the program
- Support between college staff and employer.
- Stay in your current position while going back to school.
- Connection with a Program Success Coach.
Applications open for current Tier I and Tier II staff on March 12 for a Spring/Summer 2024 start.
Applications open for current paraprofessional and non-licensed staff on May 15 for a Fall 2024 start.
Learn more about the grant program by attending one of these information meetings:
Information Meeting Slidedeck
- February 13 from 7:30am - 8:30am: Click here to Join
- February 14 from 11am - 12pm: Click here to Join
- February 15 from 3:15pm - 4:15pm: Click here to Join
- February 22 from 3:15pm - 4:15pm: Click here to Join
Hear from the Teacher Prep Partners by attending these Program and Admission Meetings:
- February 27 from 3:30pm - 4:15pm with MSU Mankato: Click here to Join
- February 28 from 3:30pm - 4:15pm with SMSU: Click here to Join
- March 5 from 3:30pm - 4:15pm with MSU Moorhead: Click here to Join
- March 6 from 3:30pm - 4:15pm with Bemidji State: Click here to Join
- March 12 from 3:30pm - 4:15pm with Western Governor's University: Click here to join
- St. Cloud State - will be scheduled soon
The Minnesota Department of Education provided funding for this program under Minnesota Statute 122A.77 Special Education Teacher Pipeline Program to develop a pipeline of trained, licensed Tier 3 or Tier 4 SpEd teachers. SWWC has been awarded $3,000,000 to support teacher licensure in our region for the next five years or until funding runs out.